Beware of ticket scams.
June 8, 2016
If you’re looking for tickets to see the Cavs play in the NBA Finals or to attend another popular event, watch out for scammers trying to sell you phony tickets. To protect yourself, choose reputable businesses instead of third-party individuals, and consider paying with a credit card, which generally gives you greater ability to dispute fraudulent charges.
Ticket scams often involve:
- Third-party individual sellers who are not associated with the event.
- Offers posted on Craigslist or other online marketplaces.
- Tickets priced at or below the average rate.
- Sellers who communicate only via text or email.
- Sellers who require you to pay via wire transfer, prepaid money card, or gift card.